Kramer Baretta Electric Guitar
Black hardshell Electric Guitar case
Tremolo bar (whammy bar)
How to Play
Before you start playing the electric guitar, you’ll need to tune it. It’s quite easy to do, and you can tune it with or without a tuner.
Listed below are a few resources on how to tune and play an electric guitar:
- How to tune an electric guitar by using a tuner or by ear
- Learn how to play the electric guitar with wikiHow tips
- Ready for some fun? Learn the top 5 easy songs to learn on electric guitar
- Tip - To install the whammy bar, look for a small hole near the end of the bridge or tailpiece. Insert the bar into the hole and turn it clockwise until you begin to feel some resistance.
- wikiHow has some great tips on how to use a whammy bar or watch this YouTube video on whammy bar techniques
Transportation and Storage Instructions
To prevent the guitar from getting scuffed, chipped, and bumped around, always transport the instrument in its carrying case. In fact, when you’re not playing the guitar, it’s better to keep it in the case just to be safe!
Do not store the guitar in very cold or very hot environments. Please keep the instrument away from the following: direct sunlight, heaters or radiators and A/C units.
Do not leave the guitar in a hot, humid car or outside on snowy or wet ground. This kind of treatment could damage the sound of a guitar and warp the wooden components.
To wipe down the guitar, ensure that you use a soft, dry, microfibre, lint-free cloth. This will help pick up any dust and/or oils that may have accumulated on the body, fingerboard, and strings.
Do not polish the body or oil the fingerboard. Staff at the library will take care of those tasks!
If you want to clean the strings, you may do so using a designated string cleaner. To use a string cleaner, spray a little bit onto a microfibre, lint-free cloth and lightly run it up and down the strings of the guitar. For more instructional information, view this video on guitar string cleaning.
Do not use any of the following household or personal cleaning products on the guitar:
Enjoy our growing collection of Musical Scores.